Invisalign Treatment – Is It Right For You?
For years, orthodontic treatments meant wearing traditional metallic braces. Although the metallic braces were quite effective in their days of glory, now they are slowly giving way to alternative orthodontics treatments. More and more people are opting for Invisalign treatment instead of braces in Dubai. Invisalign aligners are now becoming the faster growing orthodontic treatment due to their many advantages over normal metallic braces.
However, there are still skeptical people among us who are not quite convinced about Invisalign aligners. So here is a breakdown of the Invisalign treatment:
- Invisalign aligners are clear, removable and customized aligners worn over your teeth.
- The Invisalign aligners can correct misaligned, overly spaced and overly crowded teeth as well as overbites and underbites.
- For starting the treatment, your orthodontist in the Invisalign Center will scan your teeth using an intraoral scanner to create a 3D model of your teeth, to begin with.
- Using this model, a specific treatment plan is designed for each person.
- Using this 3D model and the finalized treatment plan, a number of aligners will be made (the number depends on the required total number of teeth movements) to wear throughout the treatment
- By wearing the Invisalign aligners for 20-22 hours each day, you can correct all misalignment issues of your teeth and smile beautifully!
Advantages of Invisalign aligners
Since you have learned how the Invisalign aligners work, now take a look at the advantages of this innovative technique:
As the name suggests, Invisalign aligners are mostly transparent aligners fitted over the teeth. Unlike traditional metallic braces which are quite unappealing, the Invisalign aligners are quite discreet and don't hinder your teeth’s natural appearance.
- Invisalign aligners are also very comfortable. The metal braces normally used for orthodontic treatment are routinely tightened, which makes wearing them quite painful. The brackets and metal wire can also break, injuring your mouth. On the other hand, the Invisalign aligners are custom made and fit snugly over your teeth with little if any inconvenience.
- Invisalign aligners can be easily taken out for cleaning and during meal times. When you have metallic braces on, you will have to follow food restrictions to ensure that none of the sticky food is stuck to your braces. This makes cleaning your teeth very difficult. However, with Invisalign aligners, you can simply remove them while having food and brush your teeth easily before popping the aligners back onto your teeth.