Caring For Your Invisalign aligners
The Invisalign treatment is gaining attention for all the right reasons. These new generation “braces” in Dubai are a favorite amongst people who wish to align their teeth for a perfect smile without the complications of wires and brackets.
So once you receive your custom-made Invisalign aligners, you are all set on your way to achieving that great smile. However, are you aware of the do’s and don’ts of keeping your clear aligners clean? Just like caring for your normal braces, Invisalign aligners also need proper care for treatment’s optimal results and to maintain your overall dental hygiene.
Let us take a look at the dos and don’ts of caring for clear aligners in this article -
The Right Way To Go
- Without proper care Invisalign, aligners can turn into a breeding ground for foul-smelling bacteria. So, it is important to rinse and clean your clear aligners every time you remove them. Dry saliva and plaque build-up on the aligner tray have to be rinsed off for keeping it clean.
- Invisalign cleaning crystals, denture cleaner and retainer brite are really good options to keep the Invisalign trays clear and sanitized. Soak your aligners in the cleaning solution whenever they are not in use.
- Brush and floss your teeth before wearing the Invisalign aligners. Oral hygiene is quite important for keeping the teeth healthy by avoiding tooth decay and cavities. As the Invisalign aligners are made as a form-fitting appliance, any food particles between your teeth and the aligner can pave the way to dental issues unless cleaned and cleared.
- Using an antibacterial soap to clean your aligners is an excellent way to keep the aligners neat and smelling fresh. Use a toothbrush to gently clean the aligners. Make sure not to apply too much pressure on the cleaning so that the aligners are scratch free.
What Not To Do
- It is not advisable to eat or drink anything other than water with your aligners on. Most foods and drinks can stain your clear aligners and cause it to smell.
- Never use toothpaste to clean your aligners. Some kinds of toothpaste, especially the ones with whitening agents are abrasive in nature and can cause your aligners to dull.
- Although antibacterial soaps are a good choice for cleaning your clear aligners, colored variants should not be used to clean them. The colored soaps may stain the Invisalign aligners.
- Never leave you clear aligners unprotected and in the open while eating. By doing so, you expose your appliance to germs and bacteria. Never put your aligners on before soaking and rinsing them before returning them to your mouth.
Invisalign treatment is a great alternative to wearing braces in Dubai for many people. For all queries and clarifications regarding Invisalign aligners, contact your Invisalign Center in Dubai.