Due to advancements in the field of dentistry, enduring pain and other issues due to teeth misalignment has become a thing of the past. Over the years, several innovations in the field of dentistry have been made to cater to different cases whether it’s for functional or aesthetic purposes. One of the most famous treatments for improperly positioned teeth is the Invisalign treatment. These are clear braces that straighten the teeth without making use of metal or ceramic materials. They are the less painful and less noticeable alternatives to traditional braces. However, they generally cost more due to their numerous advantages over other treatments. If you’re planning on investing in Invisalign, it’s best to ask all the right questions to make sure that you’ll be getting your money’s worth.
- Is this treatment safe? Any medical procedure can pose risks to your health, so it’s important to know all the information before you proceed. An experienced doctor should be able to explain all these risks and the necessary action plan for when any issues arise.
- How do the aligners work? To know if it’s the right fit for your lifestyle and your needs, you should know about its composition and how it functions. Invisalign works using a series of 3D printed aligners to gradually mould the teeth into their desired position. The aligners use Smart track technology to apply gentle, consistent pressure on the teeth ensuring a predictable and comfortable movement.
- How long is the treatment? Different sets of teeth call for different treatment plans, so it’s important to ask your dentist about the length of your treatment. Before you get this treatment, you should consider that the treatment length may change whether or not you’re consistent with your aligner use.
- How often should I make dentist visits? Typically, you would have to visit your dentist at least thrice for your Invisalign treatments so they can evaluate your needs. It’s important to make the most out of these visits and ask advice regarding proper aligner maintenance.
- How much will the treatment change my lifestyle? The best part about getting an Invisalign treatment is that you won’t have to make significant changes to your diet. However, it’s important to ask your dentist about eating and drinking practices that could cause damage to your clear aligners.
- What issues can this treatment fix? Invisalign can treat a range of dental issues from simple misalignment to more complex cases such as overbites, underbites and open bites. To know if your dental problem is well-suited for this treatment, book a thorough consultation with your orthodontist.
- Is maintenance complicated? Aligners require removal and cleaning during the day. They come with specific care instructions that will be explained during your consultation.
- Are these aligners noticeable? One of the more famous advantages of getting Invisalign is that they are significantly less noticeable than traditional braces.
- What is the success rate of Invisalign? The results of the treatment heavily rely on how you use and maintain your aligners, but it shouldn’t hurt to ask for before and after photos of previous clients for added reference.
- What are the total costs of this treatment? There is no fixed package for clear aligners as the treatment plan is tailor-fitted to your case. To know more about payment plans for this procedure, it’s best to consult your doctor.
An experienced doctor should be able to answer your questions and explain the treatment process in great detail. Our highly-experienced team at Invisalign Centre can help you create a treatment plan that will help fix your dental health issues at your highest convenience with a fair price. To know more about our services, you can contact us here.